Getting a good nights sleep may be a struggle especially when you’ve had a hard day.
While this is normal, there are proven ways to get you back in dreamland safe and sound.
How? All you’ve got to do is be SMART.
If it’s difficult for you to fall asleep at night, it may be best to limit your napping to less than 20 minutes a day. This will keep your body awake and active for longer hours – allowing you to fall asleep better than before. How do you practice smart napping? Here’s a few tips:
- Instead of napping, do a couple of purposeful exercises. In a clinical trial among older adults, it was found that by doing exercise provided about 40 minutes of night sleep.
- Plan your nap. You may want to regulate your body clock and nap at a particular time of the day. In this way, your body will get used to your napping schedule and automatically wake up when it is time to.
- Nap before 3 p.m. Sleeping late in the afternoon can affect your sleeping routine at night.
Nothing beats a good night sleep by boosting your body with natural foods to make it more relaxed. Foods that contain good amounts of nutrients and antioxidants will keep your body active for the day and restful at night. You can also try some of these:
- Consider drinking our Organic Green Charge which contains a natural ingredient called Ashwagandha to lower the levels of stress and promote calmness.
- Limit your caffeine intake especially in the afternoon. Caffeine is made to keep you alert for many hours so you won’t want to take it late in the day. A 2013 study concluded that taking caffeine 6 hours prior to bedtime worsens the quality of sleep among the participants.
If you have a health condition which affects your sleep quality, you may want to visit a professional to help you out. On the other hand, if you can’t go to sleep because of a bad mood or you had a rough day, you may want to practice these tips to clear your mind.
- Meditate. It has been proven that meditation can lower daytime stress and promote a restful sleep. Read our blog about meditation here.
- Read a feel-good book. If reading is a thing you enjoy, choose one book that will keep your mind positive.
- Listen to a calm music. A quiet, peaceful music is also a good way to get your ambience ready to doze off.